Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ottoman reveal

Here's the ottoman - finished!


In case you've forgotten, here's what it looked like before:


Let's be honest. I didn't really like this ottoman/bench thing. I knew I could recover it, but that didn't help much. It wasn't balanced for me. The legs were too long and the upholstered top too small. It sat in my garage. For almost three months. Then one day while I was working on slipcovering a sofa it occurred to me I should slipcover the ottoman as well!

About an hour later (I had the piping already made) I had this (including paint time):



I painted the legs Rustoleum Annodized Bronze. Slipcovered the top with canvas drop cloth, added a generous ruffle and called it good. Don't mind the fact that it needs to be ironed - it will be a while before that actually happens :) Love it now! It will be going in my shop soon!

Enjoy!




Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...