Friday, July 8, 2011

50s dresser redo

Well, I promised last time that I'd take pictures of the round wall art with my good camera. Apparently, I lied. I haven't. I have been so busy! But, I will tell you that it's the top to a coffee table (minus the glass) that I picked up by the trash. All the pieces were there to put the coffee table back together, but all I saw was something to hang on the wall. So, there you go!

I am going to share with you a dresser that I did a while back. I bought a set of three beautiful ugly dressers to redo.

Here you go:


Yellow. Gold trim on the drawers. And really shiny. It had great clean modern lines but needed an update. Enter new paint and some stripes inspired by the many grain sacks seen around blogland lately. Now, I have this:



I mixed the white from a couple I had on hand. I didn't want bright white so I toned it down with a little tan. Then I meticulously taped off the stripes and painted them on with a piece of burlap. Removed the tape, let it dry and then waxed and buffed it. This one is not for sale. It likes it at my house :)


Have a great day and add some color to your life!



linking to:

HookingupwithHoH Furniture Feature Fridays Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

  1. that looks awesome! i love the off centered stripes! very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your project over at Funky Junk Interiors. It must have been tricky to keep the tape lined up around every groove of every drawer. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I agree, this looks tricky! You did a nice job. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't so much tricky as time consuming :) I just eyeballed it for a straight line but it was hard to line up the little pieces between the drawers. When they (the drawers) aren't pushed in straight it looks off, but usually they go in just right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been browsing through your makeovers and this one is a love at first sight! Such a simple concept, yet it looks AWESOME! Great job on this and all your pieces! Keep up the good work and your blog will really expand, the first 100 followers is the toughest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...