Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What I have been doing...

Otherwise titled, "why I am a blogger slacker"

I promise I've been busy.  I have a tutorial coming on how to make a fancy schmancy ruffled lampshade without ever sewing a stitch.  I also have a tutorial on my faux mercury glass - it took me about, oh, 3 weeks to find the looking glass spray paint that I needed.

First, let me tell you where I've been.  Back in the middle of September I was involved with decorating for a ministry that saves people, mostly girls, from human trafficking here in the Houston area.  It's real, and it's scary.  If you want to learn more, go here:  Redeemed Ministries.  They call the girls that are saved, 'sparrows' so that was the theme.  There were initially 30 tables to be decorated, and when I got there I found out there were 40 to decorate.  That was, um, challenging.  Senator Dan Patrick attended the dinner, and he bought the centerpiece off his table for $1000!!!  What a donation to the ministry!  Next year all the centerpieces will be up for auction!

Here are a couple pictures from the dinner:



Senator Patrick's centerpiece:



After that I started working on partially redoing my living room.  Here's a quick peek of a chair I recovered and a pillow I made:




And for the last two weeks I've been working on stocking up for a craft show that's this Saturday, the 15th.  I will be selling some small furniture, but also some necklaces, earrings, rings, and small home decor items.  I have been up to my eyeballs in mess craftiness!

Here's a quick preview of some of the jewelry I've made:


I'm thinking of selling my much loved 50s dresser with the burlap stripe (above) any takers?  :)  I'll probably move it up to the shop...eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...